Are you looking for a freelance writer or perhaps plan to hire a freelance writer?
Do you need a freelance writer to help you create digital content like blog posts and newsletters?
Or perhaps you need a direct response copywriter but don’t know where to start!
I’ve got you.
Today I’m diving into how you can hire a freelance writer and boost your content creation to a notch higher.
A freelance content writer can be one of the most significant assets to your business when you hire the right one.
When do you need to hire a freelance writer or a blogger?
There are so many reasons you may want to outsource content creation and get a freelance writer to help you.
First, your main focus is not content writing, but you need to create it anyway since the content is king.
You don’t have time to write. Maybe you have other crucial business aspects you need to focus on rather than stressing about content ideation and writing.
You are overwhelmed with projects. When you have your hands full and don’t have the time to write digital content, you can hire a freelance writer.
Another reason you may need to hire a freelance writer is because you don’t have experience writing digital content.
There is so much that encompasses digital content for you to handle.
From SEO to CMS, you may not have the availability to handle it all, and a freelance blog writer can help.
And much more!
What can a freelance content writer do for your business?
A freelance writer can help you achieve many things depending on their skill set and your project needs.
The benefits of hiring an exceptional freelance writer include;
- Content ideation and strategy. A freelance writer can help you create a content strategy and help you develop content ideas relevant to your business objective and audience.
It can be a 3-month or 12-month plan, which means you will consistently publish fresh web content.
- SEO strategy development. A freelance writer who is a content marketer at heart can help you rank content and bring organic traffic to your website.
SEO can be quite a struggle as it keeps changing from time to time.
Lucky for you if you hire a freelance writer with SEO experience.
They can help you develop an SEO strategy for your business.
- Quality content development. Another thing a freelance writer can do is to help you create quality content consistently.
One of the ideal ways to establish yourself as an authority in your niche is to publish quality content consistently,
and only a freelance writer can help because you pay them to write.
- They save you money. One of the top grounds you should work with a freelance writer is that the costs of using a freelance writer are lower than using an in-house writer.
An in-house content writer will need benefits on top of the salary—According to Field Engineer.
How much is the cost to hire a freelance blog writer?
In the freelance writing industry, there is no one size cut.
This means when looking for a freelance writer to hire, you should expect different project quotes.
For instance, one freelance writer can charge $50 to write a 1000-word blog post, while another freelancer charges $1000 for the same.
So what makes the difference?
The skills and experience! You get what you pay for in the long run.
A cheap offer on Fiver or Upwork can end up being a horrible job.
While getting a specialist with exceptional experience and extensive projects published can bring you the business results you need—of course, specialist writers often charge premium rates, but their work is worth every coin.
When hiring a freelance content writer, blogger, or copywriter, expect to get quotes based on per word, per hour, or project.
Some freelance writers can even create a package for you, depending on your content needs.
For instance, I often prefer quoting per project, and with it comes discounts.
Remember, it is crucial to gauge if the cost quote is commensurate with the experience your freelance writer claims.
You can also check Who Pays Writers to get a feel of the standard industry rates.
The last thing you need in content marketing is someone ripping you off or underpaying a freelance writer.
What can a freelance web copywriter do for your business?
A freelance writer is an integral part of successful communication between you and your customers, employees, or business stakeholders.
The following are some of the content areas a freelance writer can help you create and publish.
- Website copy. Whether it is the service page or the about us page, a freelance writer can help you fill all those pages with quality content.
- Blog posts. If your company focuses on blogging to create an inbound marketing strategy, you can hire a freelance blog content writer to help you write blog posts.
- Email newsletters. Do you have an email list? It is crucial to nurture that list, and the best way is to send regular emails, and a freelance email copywriter can help with this part.
- Product descriptions. A writer can also help you create product descriptions for the products you want to list and sell online.
- Press release. Do you want to get media attention? A freelance writer can help you create catchy press releases.
- Social media copy. If you need to post on social media but don’t know what to post, a freelance social media content writer can help you.
- White papers. Writing white papers for your business is also another thing a freelance white paper writer can do.
A white paper can be quite technical and requires an expert to write excellent white papers.
- Case studies. Do you need someone to create case studies for your business? Hire a freelance case study writer.
- Video scripts. Whether Youtube or commercials, videos rely heavily on scripts—a freelance writer’s cup of forte!
- Business plans. Writing business plans needs an experienced business plan writer. So, hire a freelance business plan writer to handle that.
- Grant writing. Do you need to secure grants effortlessly? It starts with writing a convincing proposal. A freelance grant writer can help you create an epic grant application.
- Book writing. Are you planning to write a book but don’t have the time to write it?
You can hire a freelance ghostwriter to help you bring your book idea to life and get your way to the bestseller list.
- Course creation. Another thing a freelance writer can do is to help you create online courses.
- Ebook writing. Do you need someone to write ebooks for you? A freelance ebook writer is a suitable person for this project.
- Column writing. Do you have a column in magazines or other publications and need help with writing the column articles? Well, hire a freelance writer who focuses on column writing.
- Technical content writing. A freelance writer can weave words and help you break down jargon words for the typical Joe to read and understand.
- Legal content writing. Hire a freelance legal content writer for all your legal content writing.
- And much more.
Remember, there are specialist writers in each category or project you need help with.
For example, an eCommerce copywriter may not help you with column writing or legal writing.
How do you hire a freelance writer?
Let’s face the facts; getting a reliable freelance writer can be quite a hassle.
This is because many people on the internet claim to be freelance writers but deliver sub-bar work.
Or you find a content writer, but they lack the experience you are looking for in a freelance writer.
Do not worry, though, because you can get the best digital content writer with the right hiring strategies.
- Identify your content writing needs. The first stage is to evaluate your content needs and establish freelance writer responsibilities.
Ask yourself; what type of content writing services do I need? How long will this project run? What is my budget for content writing?
- Once you know what you need and your project outlines, you can search for sources you can use to find a professional freelance writer.
How do you find freelance writers?
There are so many ways to find professional content writers and marketers.
- First, you can use content mills. These are websites and agencies that act as the intermediate between you and a content writer.
They have terms and conditions on how you can use their platform to work with content writers.
These can be expensive because you may need to pay the content mill service fees.
The best thing about content mills is that you are sure of getting excellent writers by hiring five-star-rated freelance writers.
Some of these sites include Upwork, Fiver, and agencies like Clearvoice and Skyword.
- Job boards. Another excellent way to find freelance writers is to use job boards.
You can create a writing job ad and post it on job boards like Pro Blogger, Blogging Pro, Indeed, LinkedIn, Freelance writing, etc.
Freelance writers use these job boards to find gigs so you can be sure to get a writer that matches your needs.
Here is how a writing job ad looks on a job board like Pro Blogger.
- Good-ol’ Google search. A little google search with the correct term can take you right to your dream freelance content writer.
For instance, if you need a personal finance writer, you can search “freelance personal finance writer.”
Drum rolls! You will see my website on the first page of SERPs.
Freelance writers have writer’s websites that display their writing services, rates, and portfolio.
This makes it easy if you need an established writer with impeccable experience creating content online.
You can then reach out to the writer directly using their website contact me page.
Remember to use the right keywords on google search to get the best results.
For instance, you can type “freelance blog writer,” “Freelance b2b writer”, “Freelance personal finance writer,” “Freelance copywriter,” etc.
- Social media. Another way to get top-notch freelance writers is to use social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, Club House, and TikTok.
FB, for instance, has Facebook groups full of freelance content writers, digital marketers, and bloggers.
Alternatively, you can share your writing job position on social media, and your friends can help you broadcast it to a larger audience.
For instance, you can tweet and ask your Twitter followers to retweet to get suitable candidates.
- LinkedIn. And finally, you can use LinkedIn to get leads for professional freelance writers.
There are many ways to use Linkedin to hire a freelance writer.
First, you can use the LinkedIn job board to post your job description and let LinkedIn do the work for you.
Or, you can use the Linkedin search bar to look for your freelance content writer to hire.
A quick search using the correct search terms and keywords will bring you a ton of freelance writers.
Onboarding a freelance writer.
Once you find your freelance writer, you can proceed with the onboarding process.
This is the stage where you get the legal stuff and paperwork out of the way.
Often, a freelance writer will provide you with a binding contract with terms of work.
Or you can create a freelance contract, sign it, and send it to your freelance writer to sign before they begin writing content for you.
Once you work on the paperwork, you can proceed to the next stage: actual content creation.
You can create a style guide for your writer(s). A style guide is a document that shows your brand tone, audience, and voice.
It makes it easy for your content writing team to understand and create content that meets your expectations.
Hire your freelance writer!
Are you ready to hire a freelance content writer? I’m your writer!
I can help you with blog content writing, content strategy, ideation, SEO, getting story ideas, insights, data, graphics, and much more.
Hit me up on charity(at)charityjerop.com and let me help you.
I provide free project quotes, so you don’t have to worry.
Do you have experience hiring a freelance writer? Let us know in the comments.