Are you a freelance online writer looking for the best writing accounts? Do you need consistent writing jobs through content marketplaces?
It can be frustrating scouring all over the internet to find consistent writing gigs, offers excellent pay, and has flexible working conditions.
I’m cutting you the hassle of going from one writing website to another looking to create legit writing accounts.
Let’s dive into and understand the pros and cons of each writing account and how to navigate through them.
Is Online Writing Profitable?
Indeed! Many online writers earn a consistent average monthly income of up to $10,000, Way much more than people working in other businesses, with benefits of freedom, passive income, and learning as you work.
According to the Bureau Of Labor Statistics, writers earn an average salary of $61,820 annually, suggesting that they make about $30 per hour.
How Much Does A Writing Account Cost?
Creating a writing account is absolutely free and usually very easy to develop within a short time, as 2 minutes.
With consistent quality content to your clients, your account will grow faster, and you’ll start earning a good amount of money in no time with no frustrations of looking for writing gigs again.
How Do I Create an Online Writing Account?
To create an online writing account, you need to visit the writing website you want to work for and follow their sign-up process.
Some writing websites might have a pre-screening test when signing up.
Best Freelance Writing Accounts for Beginners
Fiverr is one of the best freelance writing accounts for freelance beginners.
You can list your services and let clients reach out to you if you’re their best fit.
For instance, you can create a Fiverr account and list your design and graphic services, blog writing, editing, video, music, tech, programming, and much more.
As a freelancer on Fiverr, you can post the services that you offer and their prices.
Your potential buyer will browse through them, and if your skillset and the price excited them, they could shoot you a message.
Creating a professional Fiver profile is vital.
Once you sell a service, be sure to deliver pure gold to get good ratings.
Excellent customer ratings on Fiverr can boost your services and help you get more buyers.
Creating an account in Fiverr is so simple, and you can create your Fiverr writing account by following this link.
Once you’ve successfully created your freelance online writing account on Fiverr, you’ll be able to activate your seller’s account quickly and start selling your writing services.
Pros of creating a writing account with Fiverr are:
- Creating a writing account with Fiverr is free.
- You don’t need to send a bid to your potential clients to hire you.
- Fiverr guarantees your payments, so you don’t have to worry about scammers taking your money.
- It’s an opportunity to learn how to market your skills and challenge yourself as an online freelance writer.
- It helps you make some extra money writing.
Cons of using Fiverr are:
- Low income due to Fiverr’s high commission. Fiver charges a service fee from your earnings, so you’ll have to part with 20% of your gig amount.
- It can take a while before you make a sale.
- Fiverr has way too many freelancers. According to recent stats, more than 830,000 freelancers are on the platform. And this means that it is highly competitive and can be quite a hassle to get a gig.
Skyword Inc. provides digital marketing services, and it can be one of the best freelance writing accounts to have. It offers an enterprise marketing platform for writers like you to produce content for clients.
Once you set up your Skyword account, they will link you with clients that match your profile.
You can create your Skyword writing account through their page Freelance for Us.
Pros of creating a writing account with Skyword
- Skyword is an excellent platform for other skillsets like graphic design, videography, photography, and much more.
- You can create your online writing account from anywhere globally—well, Skyword is available in 59 countries.
- Great people will help you leverage their platform to produce excellent Content.
- You don’t have to pitch for writing jobs.
Cons of using Skyword
- Skyword’s website can be a little tricky to navigate.
- Also, it can take some time before you get a client to offer you a writing job. It gets easy once you complete your first writing project on Skyword.
Clear Voice is another platform you can consider to create a reliable and free online writing account. This content marketing agency is a subsidiary of Fiverr.
The only difference is that Clearvoice works mainly with massive enterprises, which means that you can get excellent pay for your freelance writing service.
I own a writing account with Clearvoice, and I can confirm that the writing jobs offer great pay even for beginners.
So how do you get writing gigs on Clearvoice?
Once you fill out your Clearvoice profile, you must list your portfolio pieces.
An editor will send you a gig, and you can submit a proposal if it is a match.
Furthermore, you don’t have to log in to your dashboard to check for available writing jobs.
You will get an email notification instantly once the editor posts the writing job.
Writing jobs on Clearvoice aren’t public, so gigs have no stiff competition.
You can join Clearvoice here.
Pros of Creating a Writing Account with Clearvoice
- Joining Clearvoice’s talent network is free of charge. You don’t have to pay to create a writing account with them.
- Also, the account managers can match you with projects that align with your area of specialty.
Cons of Using Clearvoice
- Clearvoice takes a cut from your earnings.
#4→The Writer Finder
If you’re looking for a hassle-free writing account that will deliver tons of writing gigs to your email, The Writer Finder is it.
You have to sign up to be in the writer’s database as a writer. Then the company will reach out to you when opportunities that you may find fit for the role they are looking for.
The Writer Finder isn’t an account per se —it is an agency— but you sign-up for their email list. They will send you writing jobs that match your skills, and you can apply for these jobs by submitting your info through their Google forms.
Newsflash, I’m on The Writer Finder’s email list, and I get dozens of writing job leads per week. Mostly, these gigs fall in the business, medical, tech, marketing, and career scope.
Pros of Creating A Writing Account with The Writer Finder
- You have a 100% selection process and complete control of your writing job orders.
- The sign-up process is free.
- You receive instant job offers through email requests that do not require you to put much effort into the search process.
- The Writer Finder offers an opportunity to work with top companies.
Cons of Using The Writer Finder
- They have limited job offerings.
- The competition with the site for job offerings is high as many other writers receive the same job leads from The Writer Finder.
- Less income to generate if you receive fewer job offerings.
Sonia Weiser’s “opportunities of the week” newsletter is another excellent source for quality journalism and writing job leads. Often, Sonia Weiser curates job tweets on Twitter and sends them to her subscribers.
For only $3 a month, you’ll receive two newsletters a week with many opportunities to choose from.
Is $3/month too much for you to afford? Don’t worry; you can send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and pay anything you have or subscribe for free.
The newsletter gives you tons of opportunities, and it’s up to you to choose which to pitch on.
To subscribe to the newsletter, click on this link.
Again, this is an email list that I have experience with as a freelance writer, and I’ve had quality leads from Sonia’s email.
Dot Writer is another freelance writing account you can create for free. If you’re looking for a place to sell your articles, this is your best choice to sell blog posts online.
You can write on any area of your expertise and post the articles for sale to buyers.
You get your earnings immediately after the buyer purchases the article which cuts a lot of hassles and waiting time typically found in other assignment-based platforms.
Start here and create your online writing account with Dot Writer.
#7→ Constant Content
Are you looking for a writing account that you can take customer content writing gigs, publish and sell articles, or both? Constant Content is your perfect choice.
Constant Content is another excellent marketplace to sell articles and create custom content.
I like Constant Content because the editorial and project management team is there to support you.
Furthermore, you don’t have to wait around for writing jobs. You can start writing on any topic and list on Constant Content for sale.
You can create your Constant Content account here and start writing.
Top Content is another best website to create a writing account with and get writing gigs.
It offers a wide range of writing jobs in many different languages—whether you’re a native or non-native English speaker— giving you an excellent opportunity to start online writing. The sign-up process is so simple, as they say, and you choose the Content to write.
Creating your writing profile with Top Content here.
If you are a freelance online writer, the chances are you’ve come across Upwork. Almost every freelance writer out there starts with Upwork before scaling up their writing business.
I also have a writing account with Upwork, but I don’t use it. And the reason is that my writing business took off outside Upwork, and I prefer it that way.
Like Fiverr, Upwork is a freelancing marketplace that connects service providers to other businesses.
Upwork helps you connect with potential long-term clients, and their signing-up process is easy and free.
Once your Upwork writing account is ready, you can browse through job posts and send a proposal.
You will need “connects,” like virtual tokens, to send these proposals.
Pros of Creating an Upwork Writing Account
- There is a lot of work available.
- Getting paid is easy and reliable. And if you’re an online writer in Kenya, you can withdraw your Upwork earnings through M-pesa.
- You can choose the clients you want to work with and accept writing jobs that align with your experience.
Cons of Creating an Upwork Account
- Low-paying clients.
- Upwork takes a cut of your hard-earned money.
- You need Upwork connects—that you have to purchase— to send job proposals to clients.
Writing Accounts Can be Great to Secure Writing Jobs
Having a writing account will help you secure long-term clients, so you don’t have to waste time looking for writing jobs.
And with three years of experience under my belt, I can tell you that the surest way to scale your online writing business is to create your writer website.
An online presence is a powerful marketing tool that can create many writing jobs leads for you.
And the best thing is that web hosting is pretty cheap these days. I highly recommend Host Pinnacle for affordable website hosting and best-in-class customer service.